Set up in 1985, The Assembly of European Regions is the largest network of regions in wider Europe, bringing together 200 regions from 35 countries and 15 interregional organisations. AER is the political voice of its members, as well as a forum for interregional cooperation. AER has offices in Strasbourg (F) and Brussels (BE) as well as representations in Alba (RO) and Dnipropetrovsk (UA).
We are seeking a Community and Event champion to be based in our Brussels office. This person will be the single point of contact for members of our network (politicians, civil servants, experts…), able to deal with very practical assignments but also have a good overall grasp of our work and able to communicate about it.
You will be AER’s single point of contact for members and answer their queries or forward them to relevant staff members. You will aim to develop privileged and personal relations with member regions as well as manage the administrative management of membership.
You will manage our contact management system, research and update new contacts details, contribute to feed in our social media tools and launch marketing campaigns via mailchimp for instance.
enter Event coordination
You will be responsible for the logistical organisation of our main yearly thematic or institutional events (around 10 per year, ranging from 50 to 250 people). This includes, liaison with the event’s host region, dealing with registration, answering members’ queries and promoting the events on our website and social media. You will keep an overview of the calendar of upcoming events and look for regions willing to host them.
source url Youth Regional Network (YRN) coordination
You will coordinate, in close cooperation with the YRN President, the activities of our Youth Regional Network, a platform of 150 young persons from all across Europe organising discussions on issues of interest to them and related to AER political priorities.
Being a small team all staff members are asked to perform some transversal tasks such as policy monitoring and some secretarial work.
• Educated at postgraduate level in a relevant field
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
• Fluent in English and French. Additional languages an asset
• Customer-focused with an ability to confidently communicate with members of different nationalities and cultures
• Great organisational skills
• Ability to take responsibility for, and lead, diverse assignments
• Experience in using Social Media, contact management systems, websites and IT in general
• Strong ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects simultaneously and able to work under pressure, often with inflexible deadlines
What we offer
• An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities
• Belgian employment contract
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application : Monday 26 October midday
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interviews to be conducted on 5 and 6 November
Induction session of 3 days envisaged from 16 to 18 November with the current holder of the position
Starting date : Monday 7 December